I braced myself for a thorough hack to get Clojure working in Unity3D, and found that it’s already been done.
So, I instead spent my time implementing a subset of Flappy Bird.
When using Unity3D, I can imagine most of the work going into asset creation, story/level progression and play testing. This is the only real code I wrote:
(defcomponent Bird [^Vector2 force] (Start [this] (reset! score 0)) (Update [this] (swap! score (fn [n] (+ n Time/deltaTime))) (if (Input/anyKeyDown) (.. this (GetComponent Rigidbody2D) ;; flap yer wings, bud! (AddForce force ForceMode2D/Impulse)))) (OnCollisionEnter2D [this collision] (if (= (.. collision gameObject tag) "Boundary") (game-over))))
Move some pipes
(defcomponent MovingPipe [^float speed] (Update [this] (pipe-update this))) (defn +-  (if (= 0 (rand-int 2)) + -)) (defn pipe-update [^MovingPipe this] (.. this transform (Translate (* (.speed this) Time/deltaTime) 0 0)) (if (< (.. this transform position x) -1) (set! (.. this transform position) (Vector3. 1 ((+-) ; fluctuating pipe heights (.. this transform position y) (* 0.3 (rand))) 0))))
Oh, and I did mention that I’m doing all of this inside Docker.